East Anglian OES Club
East Anglian OES club 2019 Champ Show
Minor puppy Dog
1st 34 RED DEVIL AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL FOR HAZEYLAND (imp BLG)
2nd 10 KRISENDAW CELTIC CHARM
3rd 56 VIGILATS RHAPSODY IN BLUE (imp NLD)
1st 53 HOLANJA GO WILD JW
2nd 3 AMBLEHAY DRAGON HEART
3rd 37 HONKY TONK BLUES FOR MEADOWBEARS
Res 28 MELDALE OBSIDAN MOON
VHC 29 MAKALEN NATIONAL TREASURE AT MOPILL
Speical Yearling Dog
1st 41 SHAGGY BLUE BOB`S XERXES AT BRINKLEY (imp DEU)
2nd 24 HICKORYSTIX MR BOJANGLES AT COOLJAYS
3rd 7 MOLYNEUX START ME UP
Post Gaduate Dog
1st 49 BAGATELLE DEJA BLU MOON
1st 30 ROYAL CROFT JEFFERY IN KERJALEE (imp SERB)
2nd 35 KEYNELL MIDNIGHT MOON
3rd 22 JANDOES BORN TO BE WILD AT JAZZIESPAD
Res 5 BOVARON EASY RIDER WITH SOULBOB`S
VHC 2 ZOTTALS FERRARI FANTASY AT NOGGBANKS
1st 26 IT CH WYNSILOT WILSON FOR MATN`NIK
2nd 11 MEGABOB WILLIAM WALLACE
Best Dog 26 IT CH WYNSILOT WILSON FOR MATN`NIK
Res Best Dog 30 ROYAL CROFT JEFFERY IN KERJALEE (imp SERB)
Best Puppy Dog 34 RED DEVIL AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL
Minor Puppy Bitch
1st 1 KRISENDAW MY DESIRE
1ST 9 REMEMBER THE SWEET DREAMS OF SNOWBOOT BEARS
2nd 45 MELLOWDEE A PERFECT STORM
1st 51 MAKAYLEN MISS MONEY PENNY
2nd 27 MELDALE DIAMOND MOON
3rd 23 RAYNHAM GOOD DAY SUNSHINE JW
Res 52 KALAJU KLASSICLY KLASSY
VHC 35 MELLODEE CORAL GLADIOLI
Special Yearling Bitch
1st 17 DESIGNER GIRL JAZZY SASSY
2nd 42 HICKORYSTIX KEEP THE FAITH
3rd 50 QUALITY TIME LAW OF LOVE OF SNOWBOOTS BEARS
1st 46 HOLANJA FLORANCE FIRST LADY
2nd 12 SHAGGY BLUE BOB`S TO GO WITH MIRENE JW (imp DEU)
3rd 19 LADAMISLA VIE EN ROSE
Res 55 JANDOES CRISTAL SPARKLES AT MEISAN
VHC 4 AMBLEHAY MOONLIGHT ROSE WITH MUDETAILS
1st 43 MELLOWDEE LADY MAE
2nd 20 OBSESSION AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL AT RAGGELBARN
1st 39 CH KEYNELL NEW MOON
Best Bitch 43 MELLOWDEE LADY MAE
Res best Bitch 17 DESIGNER GIRL JAZZY SASSY
Puppy Bitch 9 REMEMBER THE SWEET DREAMS OF SNOWBOOT BEARS
BEST IN SHOW 26 IT CH WYNSILOT WILSON FOR MATN`NIK
RES BEST IN SHOW 30 ROYAL CROFT JEFFERY IN KERJALEE (imp SERB)
BEST PUPPY 34 RED DEVIL AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL FOR HAZEYLAND (imp BLG)
BEST VETERAN 39 CH KEYNELL NEW MOON
THE EAST ANGLIAN OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SHOW
ELY, CAMBRIDGESHIRE 13TH JANUARY 2019
Judge: Brenda White (Moonhill)
I would like to extend my thanks to the Committee of the East Anglian OES Club for inviting me to judge at this show. It was an honour for me to be awarding Challenge Certificates for the first time in this breed.
The committee put on a very well run show at an excellent venue. Thanks go to my stewards for keeping the ring running smoothly all day.
Much work goes into preparing this breed for the show ring and I thank the exhibitors for making that effort and for giving me such a lovely quality of OES to judge.
Depth of quality throughout the exhibits was, on the whole, very good. I had some beautiful dogs/bitches to judge and there were close decisions to be made in some classes.
Eye colour has improved from several years ago, when light eyes were creeping into the breed. Cow hocks, in the main, seem to have been bred out and rear ends/hocks are now much stronger. However, hind action in one or two exhibits did leave a little to be desired.
A couple of heads were underdeveloped and I found handful of ‘just passable’ mouths, but none that were totally unacceptable. There were three wall eyed exhibits, the remainder of the entry had two dark eyes. Pigment in some could be stronger. Rib cages need to be watched, as some were not the correct depth or shape and subsequently those exhibits did not have the desired ‘deep capacious brisket’ as called for in the Breed Standard.
CLASS 1 MINOR PUPPY DOG 4 Entries 1 Abs
1. Palmer’s RED DEVIL AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL FOR HAZYLAND (Imp Blg) A beautifully balanced young dog of good breed type. Correct head and muzzle. Good pigment and eye colour. Nice underjaw and correct bite. Good lay of shoulder, with balanced rear angulation. Deep chest and correct ribcage. Length to height good and correct topline. Strong hocks. Sound positive movement from all angles. Promising coat. Well presented. A truly lovely puppy – one for the future! BPIS
2. Corrigan’s KRISENDAW CELTIC CHARM Another of lovely breed type. Balanced construction all through and correct rib cage. Pigment could be stronger. Good colour and quality of coat. Movement good in profile, but not so positive behind today as 1. Well presented.
3. Wood’s VIGILAT’S RHAPSODY IN BLUE (Imp Nld)
CLASS 2 PUPPY DOG 1 Entry Abs 1
CLASS 3 JUNIOR DOG 5 Entries 0 Abs
1. Windsor’s HOLANJA GO WILD JW Balanced head proportions. Good muzzle. Correct bite. Nice eye colour and strong pigment. Good lay of shoulder, giving correct length of neck. Nice rib/brisket. Correct length of back, loin and good topline. Rear angulation matches that of the forehand. Short strong hocks. Hard muscular condition. Correct coat. Well presented. Super mover.
2. Barton’s AMBLEHAY DRAGON HEART Good head, muzzle and bite. Nice eye colour and pigment. Good length of neck flowing into correct lay of shoulder. Nice rib cage/brisket. Correct length to height and good topline. Balanced rear angulation. Good coat. Sound mover. My notes say 2 lovely dogs.
3. Pullen’s HONKY TONK BLUES FOR MEADOWBEARS
CLASS 4 SPECIAL YEARLING DOG 5 Entries 2 Abs
1. Reeves SHAGGY BLUE BOB’S XERXES AT BRINKLEY (Imp Deu) I really liked this young dog. To me he stood out as the winner of the class and in the challenge was close up for the RCC. Head and muzzle of correct proportions, with good stop. Correct bite. Nice pigment and eye colour. Cobby type with good bone. Lovely outline, coming from balance of angulation fore and aft. Good rib. Correct loin. Good topline. Short strong hocks. Positive, sound movement from all directions. Lovely coat quality – well presented.
2. Jones’ HICKORYSIX MR BOJANGLES AT COOLJAYS Lovely dog. Good type. He has good construction and balance in all departments. Good head and muzzle. Correct bite. Good rib cage. Sound mover. Shown in hard muscular condition. Excellent quality coat.
3. Cheshire’s MOLYNEUX START ME UP
CLASS 5 NOVICE DOG 0 Entries
CLASS 6 POST GRADUATE DOG 1 Entry
1. Van Beirendonck-Lembreckt BAGATELLE DEJA BLU MOON Stood alone in the class, but very deserving of his 1st place. Upstanding masculine dog. Good head and muzzle. Correct bite. Dark eyes and lovely pigment. Nice lay of shoulder, correct rib cage and brisket. Good topline. Nice rear angulation and short strong hocks. A good sound mover. Coat a bit dark, but of good quality and he was very well presented.
CLASS 7 LIMIT DOG 5 Entries
1. Mills ROYAL CROFT JEFFERY IN KERJALEE (Imp Serb) My notes say fabulous dog! He fills the eye standing and moving. Compact Cobby type. Not the biggest of dogs, but very masculine, with good bone. Broad flat skull. Correct muzzle and stop. Nice underjaw. Correct bite. Good pigment and eye colour. Nice length of neck, flowing into correct lay of shoulder. Lovely depth and shape of rib cage. Correct brisket. Ideal topline and nice loin. Soundly made rear with angulation balanced to that of his forehand. Low set strong hocks. True, sound and positive easy flowing movement from all directions. His coat is from the top drawer in both texture, quality and colour. Beautifully presented. He was shown in hard muscular condition. I was happy to award him the RCC and he went on to RBIS.
2. Rathband and Fealy’s KEYNELL MIDNIGHT MOON Another lovely dog, again of good breed type. Correct balance of head proportions and muzzle. Nice stop. Bite good. Dark eyes and pigment. Well laid shoulder and he has super balance of construction all through. Strong hocks. A sound mover. Lovely coat which was well presented.
3. Huggan’s JANDOES BORN TO BE WILD AT JAZZIESPAD
CLASS 8 OPEN DOG 5 Entries 3 Abs
1. Kanales, Autolitano and Stead IT CH. WYNSILOT WILSON FOR MATN’NIK Every aspect of this lovely masculine dog, from Breed type, to his construction and balance fits perfectly. He has good bone. A broad flat skull, correct muzzle and good stop. Nice underjaw and correct bite. Dark eyes and good pigment. A large black nose. Strong, gracefully arched neck flowing into a good lay of shoulder. Correct depth and shape of rib cage and good brisket. Ideal topline and strong loin. Super hindquarters. Excellent muscular condition. Short strong hocks. His movement is sound and positive from all directions and he covers plenty of ground, with a beautiful free flowing action when viewed in profile. He was shown in full coat which was beautifully presented. For the purists in the breed his coat could be a little lighter in colour, however he has the correct guard hairs and possesses a thick waterproof undercoat which is light grey in colour. Everything about this dog, would enable him to carry out the job for which he was bred to do. I was delighted to award him the CC which I learnt later, was his third and gave him his UK Champion title. He went on to win a very well deserved BIS
2. Corrigan MEGABOB WILLIAM WALLACE Good head proportions and correct muzzle. Good bite. Nice eye and pigment. Although angulation is balanced fore and aft, I found him a touch long in body and would have preferred a bit more depth of rib. He has strong low set hocks and is a sound mover. Well presented, but not in his best jacket at the present time.
CLASS 9 VETERAN DOG 0 Entries
CLASS 10 MINOR PUPPY BITCH 1 Entry
1. Adcock’s KRISENDAW MY DESIRE Good head and correct muzzle. Nice bite. Pigment could be a bit stronger, but that could improve as she matures. She has balanced angulation of the forehand and rear. Her rib cage needs to drop. Strong low set hocks and a sound mover. Well presented.
CLASS 11 PUPPY BITCH 2 Entries
1. Cornelis REMEMBER THE SWEET DREAMS OF SNOWBOOT BEARS
(ATC No. AV02958BEL) Good head, neck and shoulder. Dark eyes and pigment. Correct rib cage. Nice compact outline and good topline. Sound movement. Coat is dark at present, but should lighten in colour with age. A promising puppy. Best Puppy Bitch
2. Simmonds MELLOWDEE A PERFECT STORM Correct balance of head and muzzle. I would have preferred a little more pigment around the eyes. Reasonable length of neck and lay of shoulder. Good length to height proportions, topline and outline. Not the lay of shoulder, or depth of chest as No.1 and not quite so tidy on the move today. She has plenty of time to mature.
CLASS 12 JUNIOR BITCH 7 Entries 1 Abs
1. Wheeler’s MAKAYLEN MISS MONEY PENNY Lovely clean outline. Good head and muzzle. Correct bite. Dark eyes and good pigment. Nice neck and shoulder placement. Good rib and brisket. Compact in construction. Good topline. Nice rear, plus short strong hocks. Beautiful free mover. Lovely coat which was well presented.
2. Leggett’s MELDALE DIAMOND MOON Lovely compact cobby type. Balanced head and muzzle proportions. Dark eyes and good pigment. Good bite. Good balance of angulation. Nice depth and shape of rib. Good topline. Super quality coat. Strong hocks. Sound mover.
3. Joice’s RAYNHAM GOOD DAY SUNSHINE JW
CLASS 13 SPECIAL YEARLING BITCH 3 Entries
1. Halladay’s DESIGNER GIRL JASSY SASSY Another lovely bitch. Good head and muzzle. Nice stop. Correct bite. Dark eyes and pigment. Beautiful lay of shoulder, giving the required length of gracefully arched neck. Good rib and brisket. Correct length of back. Nice topline and strong loin. Rear angulation balanced to the forehand. Strong low set hocks. Well muscled. Shown in lovely coat which was well presented. Positive, sound, ground covering movement and one of the best movers of the day, which won her the RCC
2. Robertson’s HICKORYSTIX KEEP THE FAITH Lovely breed type. Good head, correct muzzle and stop. Good bite. Nice pigment. Strongly made and balanced all through. Although I would prefer a little more layback of shoulder. Correct rib. Nice topline. Sound positive movement. Beautiful quality coat, which was well presented.
3. Van Heel’s QUALITY TIME LAW OF LOVE OF SNOWBOOT BEARS
CLASS 14 NOVICE BITCH 0 Entries
CLASS 15 POST GRADUATE BITCH 3 Entries
1. Palmer’s HAZYLAND’S CHEEKY GIRL Lovely cobby type. Super head, muzzle, eye colour and pigment. Good lay of shoulder, correct rib and brisket and balanced rear angulation. Correct topline and strong loin. Low set strong hocks. Well muscled. Great quality of coat, which was well presented. Not the biggest of bitches, but she filled the eye standing and also as she flowed around the ring, with positive sound movement from all angles. I liked her a lot.
2. Churcher’s KALAJU KLASSICAL ROMANCE AT PORTVILLE A more upright bitch, but very balanced in her construction. Good rib and correct topline. Strong rear with nice low set hocks. A sound mover. Shown in lovely coat and she was well presented. Just needs to mature a little in head to complete the picture.
3. Winson’s ALLHART ANGELIC ROLY POLY OF MEISAN
CLASS 16 LIMIT BITCH 7 Entries 1 Abs
1. Simpson’s HOLANJA FLORENCE FIRST LADY Very appealing strongly made bitch. Well set into her body. Super head, muzzle, eye colour and pigment. Good bite. Beautiful neck flowing into well laid shoulders. Correct rib cage and brisket. Good topline and loin. Strongly made rear with correct angulation. Low set hocks. Sound movement coming and going, plus ground covering in profile. Promising coat which was very well presented.
2. Crane-Duplock’s SHAGGY BLUE BOB’S WAY TO GO WITH MIRENE JW (Imp Deu) Lovely typical bitch of good type. Strong head. Dark eyes, good pigment and correct bite. Her construction is balanced in all departments and she has a good topline. Short strong hocks. Fabulous coat quality. A good mover.
3. Higgins LADAMIS LA VIE EN ROSE
CLASS 17 OPEN BITCH 3 Entries 1 Abs
1. Rutland and Porter’s MELLOWDEE LADY MAE Not exaggerated or overdone in any way, simply a truly honest bitch of super breed type. Good head, muzzle and correct stop. Good bite. Dark eyes. Correct length of gently arched neck, flowing into a lovely lay of shoulder. Good shape and depth of rib cage. Nice brisket. Compact body, with gently rising topline and strong loin. Strong rear, with good angulation and she was well muscled. Low set hocks which are straight and strong. Her movement left nothing to be desired, it was sound, true and free flowing from all angles . She was shown in full coat, which is of good quality and her presentation was excellent. In the challenge she looked a picture standing and was equally as lovely on the move. She pulled out all the stops and I could not deny her the CC and she went on to be BOS in show
2. Hodgson’s OBSESSION AUS DEM ELBE-URSTROMTAL AT RAGGLEBARN Another lovely bitch of super type. Good head, muzzle and bite. Dark eyes. Correct rib cage. Not quite the lay of shoulder of 1. Compact body, with correct topline and strong loin. Strongly made rear and low set hocks. Sound movement. Shown in full coat, which was well presented.
CLASS 18 VETERAN BITCH 1 Entry
1. Rathband and Fealy CH. KEYNELL NEW MOON This lovely Veteran possesses all the qualities that one would expect a Champion to have. She has a super head. Dark eyes, good pigment and correct bite. Lovely lay of shoulder. Correct rib cage and length of back. Nice topline. Good rear angulation. She can still move out well and was shown in hard muscular condition. Well presented in full coat. She is a credit to her owner. Best Veteran in Show.